Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 82 (a day late)

I am grateful that the kids and I had a surprisingly good (and productive) day yesterday.  It was Baylor's first snow day this year - his first "real" snow day, though he had one last year too - but I wasn't really prepared for it and had all these other ideas of how the day would go in my mind.  It included a trip to my parents' house, which we do most Mondays because Bryson has night school, but my dad came down with influenza the night before so I knew that was out.

Anyhow, we had a good day.  We got out to the grocery store, finding the roads to be much less treacherous than the school cancellation would have suggested, we made cookie bars, I made a very sorry-looking loaf of honey wheat bread (something might be wrong with the yeast I was using), we ate a lovely little dinner together, and we had fun.  In my mind, it's what I would shoot for most days, though we did watch a bit more television than I'm okay with.

Best of all, there were lots of hugs and kisses and tickles and smiles, all those warm things that make a day really shine.  Was I exhausted at the end of it?  Most definitely.  But it was great to be with them and to have made something out of the unexpectedness.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: