Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Making Ornaments

Every year I try to get the kids to make ornaments for Bryson, a small gift they can give to him directly from them at Christmas.  This year they really enjoyed the whole ornament-making process enough to want to do it more than just for their dad.  I think it was the whole painting aspect of it that really appealed to them, since I did most of the work with the clay, but they certainly enjoyed the process.  



Baylor went really heavy with the paint, so much so that a lot of his ornaments were sticking to the plates.



Mollie, on the other hand, went for a more minimalist approach with hers and left most of her ornaments bare.



I think next year I'll have to let them help more with the clay portion of it and see what they come up with.  It's just nice that they are making something that they can say is truly from them.  And isn't that often the best gift you can give?

No comments: