Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 59 (all caught up!)

Today I am grateful that I got a good night's sleep last night.  The night before I tried just taking Nyquil, which, coupled with my sleep disorder, usually makes for a coma-like night's sleep.  But I slept terribly and had an awful headache during and after I slept.  So last night I tried something new; instead of taking Nyquil, I tried a combination of Afrin, ibuprofin (for the apparent teeth clenching I was doing mid-sleep), and Vicks Vaporub.  Oh, and the kids slept all night, too!  (Thanks, guys!)

Ahhhh, what a wonderful night's sleep!  Seriously, I slept so soundly that I didn't move at all during the night. How do I know this, you ask?  Well, I woke up covered in sweat.  Gross, yes, but I fell asleep on my back with all my covers on, creating a sort of seal against the cold of my bedroom.  Usually I roll to my right side and break that seal, but last night I stayed firmly on my back and kept all that hot air in.  (Plus, I didn't wake up with my shoulders sore from sleeping on them funny or my right arm asleep.)

So woo hoo!  I slept well!  I hope you did, too!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: