Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 77

Today I am grateful for a little wake-up call.  I fell asleep while snuggling with the kids and watching Mickey's Clubhouse, then when Mollie wanted me to read to her I had to say, "Honey, I won't be able to stay awake.  I'm so sorry."  Even as the words left my mouth I felt sheepish and angry with myself.  That's not the kind of mom I want to be.

So, it's time to try harder at getting more sleep.  My body and mind need it so badly and I have been depriving myself too long.  It's not going to be easy; heaven knows I love staying up late.  But I've also grown to love getting up early and doing my own thing for a while before the house wakes up.  Doing both isn't an option, so I'm cutting back on the up-lates to see if I can make a change in my energy levels.

Here's hoping.

And now, off to bed!  Good night and sweet dreams to you all!

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: