Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 83

Today I'm grateful for a mini breakthrough with Baylor.  Ever since we bought Mollie the dollhouse, Baylor has only played with the brother doll.  It is the most like him, so it is all he will play with.  Today, though, I decided to switch things up; I told him I wanted to be the brother.  He got really upset at the thought, so I made a deal with him: if he'd be the brother AND the dad, I'd let him be the brother.  And he did it!  It was really tough for him at first, but he did it and I am so proud of him!

Have a wonderful day!

P.S. On a side note (and much less important in the grand scheme of things), I am grateful that our cable held out until New Girl was finished.  Bad weather was rolling in and threatening to make it all grainy and awful, and every commercial break was like that.  But the television gods must be smiling on me because the entirety of New Girl was clear.  (And it was AWESOME, by the way!)  The show after that?  Couldn't even watch it it was so broken up from the weather.

No comments: