Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: My Cup Runneth Over

I have too many grats today to let them slip by, so here they are.  I am so grateful for ...

... the spontaneous, "I love you," Baylor sent my way while he was playing with his Legos.  I don't know why he said it right then, but it warmed my heart.

... the joy in Mollie today.  She flew around the house like a little butterfly this afternoon, dressed up in her fancy shoes, hopped like a bunny around the living room, and all of it was done with some of the purest joy I've seen in a long time.

... the new organizational thingy we bought for the living room.  Here's hoping that four years of disorganization will soon be over.

... the new treadmill.  My mom needed hers back recently, and Bryson didn't bat an eye when I wondered if we could get one of our own.  The second this cold is finally kicked, I'll be down there running my heart out.

... the appraisal of our house went really well and we won't have any trouble with our refinance!  I have to say, I'm seriously stunned by this.  On another note, this gives me hope for the state of our national economy.    We bought our house right before the housing market crashed and to hear such a great number is reassuring.  Awesome!

... and last, but certainly not least, Baylor woke up his normal self.  Yesterday he was so quiet, so sullen, and I missed him so much even though he was snuggled up next to me most of the day.  Yes he talked my ear off, but it was him.

Was today perfect and wonderful and ideal?  No.  Not even close.  But all these wonderful things made it good, really good.

I hope your day was wonderful as well!

No comments: