Friday, January 25, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 79

Today I have so very many things I am grateful for ...

I am grateful for my village, the one that helps me raise and care for my kiddos.  Today my mother-in-law came over to watch Mollie so I could blow the snow off the driveway (and then take a shower because I smelled awful), and my mom picked up the kids and I while I was getting new tires on our minivan so we wouldn't be stranded at Costco.  They do so many things for us, and for both of them - and the rest of the "village" around us - I am so grateful.

I am grateful that I was able to make a double batch of my favorite pizza sauce today and freeze a bunch of it for later.  Plus, having it simmer in the kitchen all afternoon made the house smell delicious.

I am grateful for this exchange I had with Baylor this afternoon while I was trying to make dinner:
Me:  Baylor, when you are finished with your Legos, could you go play with your sister?  I think she'd really like that.
Baylor:  (not looking up) Yeah, I will play with her.
Me:  Thanks, buddy!
Baylor:  (a few seconds later)  Okay, I'm done.  (yelling toward the living room and smiling)  I'm coming, Mol!
It means a lot when he stops playing with a brand new Lego set just to play with his sister.

I'm grateful that the new pizza crust I tried out tonight was good but also that I know how I can make it better.

I'm grateful for all the snuggles and hugs and sign-language-i-love-yous tonight before bed.

And I am grateful that my husband surprised me with a treat today ... cupcakes from Rita Girls'!

My cup runneth over.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: